martes, 20 de julio de 2010



Hi all. I rode from Holland to France. I stopped in Breda, a tiny dutch town, nothing special. One channel, one church, one old long street, one coffeshop... but all the Spaniards know it because a master artwork by Velazquez. The Breda surrender. One of the most magical paintwork of our Golden Age. Nobody in Breda knew they are in the map because an Spanish artist.





I crossed Belgium stopping in Brugge; herds were walking around and one female cop wanted to chat with me when saw my travelled motorcycle. No, darling, I am not going to spend the night here. I know the town pretty well. I left and pop in Verneu, small town, beautiful like Brugge, but isolated and quieter.




Then France. Normandy. Where the Big Day Happened. I got myself into the mud they fought and visited the graveyards. The american one was like Disneyland. Buses were parking beside the crosses to vomit their herds. Few miles away, I found a german one. Nobody disturbed their long dreams.



And finally, I go the glory. I saw Paris from my bike, but didn´t want to go in yet. Not alone, not this time.




Noche en Holanda, en Breda, donde nadie sabía que están en el maldito mapa universal por culpa de Velazquez. Cruzo a Bélgica. No son muy divertidos los países bajos. Demasiada densidad humana. Poco espacio abierto. ¿Y Brujas? ya me la conozco y hay hordas por todas partes. Mejor Verneu, más pequeño, tranquilo pero igual de bello.



Después a Francia. Más grande, poco simpática, pero impresionante. Recorrer Normandia. Homenaje a las tropas aliadas. Y también a las alemanas. Todos murieron en buena lid. Y mientras el cementerio americano es un parque de atracciones, alemán que encontré medio escondido estaba tranquilo y vacío.



Por cierto, siempre que puedo, como la cabra, tiro para el monte, para la pista, para el barro, quizá demasiado incluso.



Y por fin, después del cieno, divisar la Gloria de París. Pero sin entrar en ella solo. Hay que esperar un poco más. París bien vale una semana de paciencia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario